Increase Student Engagement using Virtual Office Hours
Target Audience: beginners; hybrid and online instructors
Description: Virtual office hours can give you as well as your students more flexible options to get assistance and feedback. In a fully online environment this can give you an opportunity to build some community with your students.
This 1-hour hands-on workshop will focus on how you can incorporate virtual office hours into your course.
In this workshop you will learn how to:
- Set-up your virtual office hours room
- Provide access to your virtual room on your course home page
- Maintain privacy of students when you have multiple students in your virtual office
- Interact with your students in your virtual office
- Archive sessions for later review
- Use best practices to ensure active learning experiences
- Identify additional uses and resources for a virtual office
• Spring 2018 Dates to be announced soon