Accessible Course Design
Target audience: Instructors initiating accessible course design practices or improving accessibility of an existing online or hybrid course, including instructors preparing for a QM review.
Description: Familiarize yourself with the needs of diverse learners, the legal requirements for online course content accessibility, take a glance at the guidelines for creating accessible content and the benefits for learners, and learn to easily check the accessibility of existing content. Become familiar with the services provided by COOL to support you during this process.
Learning objectives for the session:
- Describe diverse learners' needs for accessible online course content
- Identify the benefits of accessible course design to all learners
- Describe the general guidelines for web accessibility and how these align with QM standards
- Discuss the legal requirements for accessible course content in higher education
- Practice using accessibility checkers in Word and PowerPoint
- COOL SIP 9/7/2017 2:00 - 4:00 pm Main Campus, COOL Lab 005, Library Basement
- COOL DIP 9/21/2017 9:00 am - 11:00 am Main Campus, COOL Lab 005, Library Basement
- COOL DIP 9/27/2017 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm RiverPark, Frank Brown Hall Room 1105
- COOL SIP 10/13/2017 10:00 am - Noon RiverPark, Frank Brown Hall Room 1103
- COOL DIP 10/19/2017 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm Main Campus, COOL Lab 005 Library Basement
- COOL DIP 10/23/2017 9:00 am - 11:00 am RiverPark, Frank Brown Hall Room 1103
SIP is a prerequisite of DIP