The Center of Online Learning provides leadership, training, and support in the design, development, delivery and assessment of instruction via online learning.
Support for eLearning Tools and Applications
Delivery support is provided with respect to the following eLearning Tools and Applications:
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Articulate Storyline 2
- Follet Faculty Discover
- GALILEO Widget
- Pearson MyLab
- Ebsco Curriculum Builder
- Films on Demand
- MacMillan Higher Education
- McGraw-Hill Connect
- DubLabs Mobile App
Additional support may be provided as new eLearning tools and applications become available.
- Assist with the alignment of learning objectives, assessments, and instructional materials.
- Identify and incorporate effective e-learning strategies and technologies to encourage student engagement and active learning.
- Identify varied assessment techniques that align with the course and module learning objectives.
- Coordination of CSU's Quality Matter's (QM) implementation and QM Subscriber-Managed course reviews.
- Support for the application of QM to ensure the standards of quality course design is met.
- Coordination of online course development grants provided by the Distance Learning Committee.
- Assist with the creation of multimedia, and interactive learning activities and content.
- Course template available upon request.
- Workshops in the use of various pedagogical strategies for online and hybrid teaching and learning.
- Workshops in the use of various instructional technologies, including, but not limited to, CougarVIEW, Camtasia, and Blackboard Collaborate.
- Customized workshops for college, department and/or programs available upon request.
- Consultations available 1-on-1 upon request.
- Liaison between proctors, instructors and students and approve off-site proctors.
- Process proctor requests and documents.
- Maintain proctor records, including list of approved proctor sites, exam and student information, and any other associated records.
- Caption instructional media used for hybrid and online courses.
- Accessible course template available upon request.