Copy course components
To copy course components
In order to mitigate the risk that large courses may result in timeout failures for users, the Copy Course components job functions as an asynchronous job. You can view the progress of the copying job by clicking the View History link.
NOTE: Copying Course A with similar file names to Course B will overwrite files in Course B
1. In the course offering that you want to copy components into, on the navbar, click Course Admin > Import/Export/Copy Components.
2. Do one of the following:
- Select Copy Components from another Org Unit. Click Search for offering and locate the course offering containing the components you want to copy. Click Add Selected.
- Select Copy Components from Parent Template to copy components from the course template the current course offering belongs to.
3. Do one of the following:
- To copy all course components, click Copy All Components. D2L recommends that you copy all components between courses to ensure you maintain all desired associations, and then delete any undesired material in the new course.
- To specify the components you want to copy, click Select Components. Select your components. To see details for course components, click the Show the current course components link, then click the View Detail icon beside a component to see existing items. For those course components that provide the option to include associated files, D2L recommends leaving the option turned on. Click Continue.
- Select the Offset all dates of copied components check box and specify the days and hours that the dates should be offset by or calcuate the range between two dates.
- Click Finish.
Note: If you encounter issues with the Include associated filesoption and want to remove it, contact D2L Support to ask them to turn off the D2L.LE.Conversion.Features.ICopyAssociatedFilesFeature feature toggle.
4. Do one of the following:
- To copy another package, click Copy Another Package.
- To see the results of your copy, click View Content.
- To review and manage course dates, click Review and Manage Dates.
- If you copied a course with S3 model configurations, the course is listed in the Student Success System Administration page (Admin Tools > Student Success System).
- Now when you copy groups to courses, the group setup (grade item, assessment option, and so on) is also copied over.
For information on the Student Success System permissions, refer to the Administering Courses – Administrator Guide.