Application for Course to be QM Certified
This article has information on:
Maximize the number of QM certified online and hybrid courses offered by CSU.
- All full-time, part-time, and adjunct faculty at CSU are eligible to apply for an online course improvement grant.
- Faculty must successfully complete the initial Quality Matters (QM) course Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPQMR), including the 2014 update workshop if taken prior to August 2014.
- Course must have been taught (either face-to-face or online) at least 2 times in the past 36 months.
- The proposer does NOT need to have taught the course previously, but preference may be given to those who have.
- Grants are limited to course improvements.
This is intended for courses that already meet the essential standards and require minimal upgrade to meet the full standard for certification. These courses will go through an official QM course review with the goal of receiving the QM certification mark which recognizes that this course has met all of the essential standards and receives at least 84 of the possible 99 points on the rubric. The award for this category is a $750 stipend.
Stipends will be paid upon completion of QM certification.
Recipients must agree to present, if selected, at a CSU faculty forum during the next regular academic year (fall or spring) following the one in which the work was done, provided they successfully completed the course improvement grant process.
Proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis year round. While it is expected that most will be granted, grants are not automatic and will depend on review of the proposal materials, chair approval, as well as the availability of funding. A 6 to 8 week turnaround for QM review is the goal.
- A QM Self-Review of the course as it exists at the time of the proposal must be produced using the online tool available through MyQM. This should be attached to your online submission form in PDF format. For instructions on how to access this tool view the video.
- Proposal restrictions:
- Grantees may only have one grant award active at the same time.
- Only one instance of a course (e.g., ENGL 1101) may have an active grant award at the same time.
- Complete the QM Course Review Application (will be forwarded to chair for approval):
- Log into MyCSU
- Select the "Faculty" tab (left side menu)
- Log into Banner SIS
- Select the Faculty Services Tab
- Select Online Course Improvement Grant Application
- Fill out and submit
- Attach the QM self-review of your course.